PlaneShader is a high-speed 2D rendering engine, which at some point will have a lot of really cool features, but right now just has all the basics.
- Image manipulation
- Dynamic optimization
- Grouping and parent/child relationships
- Depth (z-axis)
- Advanced culling
- Sprite animation generation
- GUI system
- Particle system (Not GPU based yet)
- Limited shader support as of v0.9
- Vista/win7 Desktop composition
Cooler features like a built in lighting system, per-image shaders and distortion will be put in later after I have a working demo of my game. I have not had the time to write a functional .net wrapper for the engine yet, sorry. Keep in mind that this is an alpha test, and while it probably doesn’t have any serious leaks or bugs, I would not recommend using it in production.
Precompiled exes can be found in examples/bin.